Marinas.com and Dockwa strive to provide a valuable, modern resource for boaters to research and secure dockage options. To maintain our brand aesthetic, provide a consistent experience for boaters, and showcase our marina partners in a positive, effective, and unbiased light, we require all Marina Partners to adhere to our Marina Profile Image Policy below:
Marina Profile "Featured Image" Policy
The image that is selected as the Marinas.com "Featured Image" photo will determine the image that appears in the banner area of the Dockwa profile page (in-app and on the website). This photo should abide by the guidelines outlined below.
Marina Profile Featured Images must meet these requirements:
- Have a 2:1 or 2.5:1 aspect ratio (width:height). This means that the image's width should be 2 or 2.5 times the height of an image. (e.g. an image with 1200px width and 500 height would be fine)
- Featured images should be a minimum of 1200px (pixels) in width
- Be a Photograph
- Taken within the last two boating seasons
- Include a broad or aerial view of your marina
Marina Profile Featured Images MAY NOT:
- Include text or text overlay of any kind
- Include an image overlay, such as a logo
- Be a sketch, drawing, or written document
- Be low-resolution or black & white
- Focus on one aspect of your marina or be of an indistinguishable subject, such as a sunset or wildlife
Marina Profile Image Policy – Non-Featured Image
You may upload a number of images in addition to your featured image. For images that are not photographs, they must still be high-resolution and full-color.
Some examples of additional images to include on your profile are:
- Marina map showing Dock and Slip #s
- Team photo
- The general grounds: Captain's lounge, yacht yard, storage, fuel dock, ships store, front desk
- Facilities such as showers, bathrooms, and laundry
- Amenities such as grills, picnic tables, ice
- Marina logo
- Promotional flier for events, rate specials
Marina Profile Feature Video Policy
Each Marina Profile may include one 2-minute / 30MB video showcasing the marina. You may update this video as often as you like.
Marina Videos must:
- Attempt to represent your marina to the best of your ability
- Be full-color, high resolution, stabilized
- You must own or hold all necessary rights (copyrights, etc.) to your video.
- “So-and-so gave me permission” does not mean you created it.
- You can upload videos that you appear in or helped create (as director, DP, editor, musician, motion graphics artist, actor, etc.) as long as you have the necessary permissions from the copyright holders.
Marina Videos must not:
- Mention pricing or promotional codes that may soon be out-of-date
- Promote or represent a for-profit business or brand other than your marina
- Contain any form of advertising
- Include product demos and tutorials (unless you are instructing a boater on how to approach and tie up at your marina)
- Include corporate training videos
Image Removal and Reorganization
Dockwa and Marinas.com reserve the right to remove a Marina Profile Image for the following reasons:
- If it is an obvious copyright violation
- If it falls under certain other conditions listed
- If it fails to meet Dockwa/Marinas.com standards
- If imagery depicts identifiable persons, logos, brands, etc. image may be subject to additional copyrights, property rights, privacy rights, or trademarks and may require the consent of a third party or the license of these rights - particularly for commercial applications.
- Images and Videos may not be used in a way that shows identifiable persons in a disgraceful light, or to imply endorsement of products and services by depicted persons, brands, and organizations unless permission was granted.